gdcomm 2010 fmp blog

Final Major Project - An exploration into the crossovers and clashes experienced in modern language

From here on out!

Over the next week I will be fine tuning my six icons that represent my chosen words. I intend to translate the words and icons into a visual piece consisting of an A1 laser cut acrylic sheets for each word/icon, giving 6 pieces in total. The idea is to illustrate that one word/icon can be described via a multitude of other words and terms. This will be shown through the expansive repetition of the same icon in contrast to the variety of different words used to describe.

Over the next week I will be finalising my 6 icons to go with my 6 words (Homosexual, Wealthy, Chav, Good Looking, Ugly, Fat). I will also need to calculate the usage of the words in order to gauge what scale the icons should be as i want the scale of the icons to reflect the usage of the words, ie, the more a word is collectively used, the bigger the icon will be.

I hope to end with six pieces that will act as both a visual and verbal stimulus to engage with an audience, making people understand and realise the broadness of modern English language in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment