gdcomm 2010 fmp blog

Final Major Project - An exploration into the crossovers and clashes experienced in modern language

Imogen Stidworthy Exhibition

After being told about this exhibition by Clare, I finally went to see it on Monday 5th April. I struggled with the exhibition but learnt a lot from it. The exhibition that I really like was in gallery 4 (Barrabackslarrabang). This was a great video of four characters. Three that spoke Liverpool backslang and the forth that spoke a Birmingham version. Just fascinating to see how the English language has evolved. I found that all there was in the exhibition was audio and video, with this I couldn't take my time and look into the language visually, with my final piece I want to show case all the words I have collected. Visually I think print would be the best way for this, so the viewer has time to look at all the synonyms and take them all in in their own time.




No comments:

Post a Comment